Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Flat World Project Reflection Questions

1. What did you like best about the project and why?

I would have to say I liked getting feedback from others the most because it allowed me to see what other people want in a story and all the mistakes that I couldn't see myself. All the different kinds of feedback I got helped me write a story that I could be proud of.

2. What did you like least and why?

I wasn't so fond of the times when I had to read a story that was blatantly plagiarized or that obviously had no thought of creativity (or effort for that matter) put into it. Reading those are a real drag at times.

3. What was something surprising that you learned about the other students (from other schools)?

I learned that different students from different areas of the world all tend to value different things, for example reading the stories from Korea really showed me how much the Koreans value family and education in their everyday lives.

4. How do you think the project affected your writing?

The project changed the way I write for the better. I can write overall better sentences that are more interesting to read and I now better know what readers like in a story.

5. Describe the most challenging aspect of the project.

The most challenging aspect of the story was by far coming up with a good story to begin with as your first draft.

6. Offer some advice to future participants.

Make sure you are interested and enjoy your own story and like to read it. This ensures that when you go to make revisions you are actually trying to make the story better and have a motivated form of thinking rather than just trying to finish your English homework. Plus it makes it a more fun experience in general, especially when you see how others respond to your story.

7. Other comments.

The project was an overall good experience and helps you get a worldwide opinion of your writing and how to better that writing. This should be implemented in all high school English classes. It also gives you a brief taste of what real life is like in the sense that there are time deadlines that need to be met not just for yourself but for others and how others depend on you.

No comments: